Great pickled eggs
- 12 eggs
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
- Place the eggs in a 1 quart jar with the onion rings.
- In a medium saucepan, bring to a boil the vinegar, water, sugar and garlic. Remove from heat and allow to cool approximately 15 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the eggs and cover. Refrigerate 1 week before serving.
Try these alterations from the comments:
- Use red wine vinegar
- 1 T of dill weed
- Chopped fresh Jalapenos
- USE LESS SUGAR
- pinch of kosher salt