For the Spice Rub:
- 1/3 cup paprika
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Prague Powder #1 (optional; see note)
- 2 tablespoons whole yellow mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine spices and grind to a fine powder.
- Remove the membrane from the ribs and rub the spice mixture all over the meat. Reserve 3T of the rub either for the sauce (see Kenji's recipe on source) or to further rub the ribs if dry grilling.
- Bag the meat (optional: add 3-4 drops liquid smoke to the bag before sealing) and let sit overnight in the fridge so the salt can do its work.
- Cook in sous vide for 12 hours at 165℉, 24 hours at 155℉, or 36 hours at 145℉
- After cooking, either dry grill the ribs or grill with BBQ sauce (see Kenji's source).