Korean baby potatoes from Josh
- 1 pound of baby potatoes (the size of quail eggs)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or any cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice syrup (or honey, or sugar)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Trim any rotten spots or broken edges from the potatoes. Wash and rinse in cold water to remove any dirt. Strain.
- Add the cooking oil to a 10 to 12 inch thick skillet, over medium heat. Add the potatoes.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes until fully cooked. Shake and move the skillet every 5 minute so that the potatoes cook evenly and don’t burn.
- Turn down the heat to low and add the soy sauce, rice syrup, and garlic. Stir it all together with a wooden spoon.
- Turn up the heat to medium. Keep stirring and cooking for another 4 to 5 minutes until the sauce is reduced and the potatoes look shiny and wrinkly.
- Remove from the heat and mix with the sesame oil. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over top.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with rice. Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 4 days.