OtherOther paul Sun, 10/21/2012 - 15:16
Garlic Pickled EggsGarlic Pickled Eggs
Great pickled eggspaul Sun, 12/27/2009 - 17:08
- 12 eggs
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
- Place the eggs in a 1 quart jar with the onion rings.
- In a medium saucepan, bring to a boil the vinegar, water, sugar and garlic. Remove from heat and allow to cool approximately 15 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the eggs and cover. Refrigerate 1 week before serving.
Try these alterations from the comments:
- Use red wine vinegar
- 1 T of dill weed
- Chopped fresh Jalapenos
- USE LESS SUGAR
- pinch of kosher salt
Best Pickled EggsBest Pickled Eggs paul Thu, 05/26/2016 - 21:18
- 12-14 xl eggs
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 t pickling salt
- 1 T pickling spice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- Optional - onion chunks
DirectionsHard boil the eggs ...cover in cold water + one inch, put on heat until boiling, remove from heat, cover for 10-12 minutes. Cool, peel. Boil vinegar, water and salt. Remove from heat, add pickling spice, garlic and bay leaf. Cool. Place eggs in sterile containers. I like 46 oz pickle jars work great and hold at least 14 eggs. Add pickling liquid. Toss in chunks of onion if you want. Top off with white vinegar. They're pretty good in a day but much better after a week.
Breakfast quesadillaBreakfast quesadilla paul Tue, 01/25/2022 - 11:28
- 4 tablespoon finely diced red bell pepper
- 4 eggs*
- ½ cup black beans
- 4 tablespoon butter, divided
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 6” tortillas (flour or corn)
- For dipping: Guacamole, salsa, and sour cream
- Dice the bell pepper. Whisk the eggs* in small bowl with a fork, and add the salt and pepper. Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to a small nonstick skillet and heat on medium until melted. Add the eggs to the pan and cook for about 1 minute until starting to firm up. When the eggs just start to set, use a flat spatula to slowly scrape sections of eggs, creating folds. Sprinkle on the black beans, bell pepper, and kosher salt. Keep cooking, scraping occasionally until eggs are fully cooked, about 2 minutes. Remove to bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add a tortilla, half the shredded cheese, the scrambled eggs, remaining cheese, and the other tortilla. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until browned and crispy. Cut into wedges and serve with guacamole and salsa for dipping.
*Step it up with chorizo-style eggs and add the following spices to the eggs while whisking: ¾ teaspoon chili powder, ¾ teaspoon garlic powder and ¾ teaspoon cumin.
CrackersCrackers paul Mon, 02/10/2014 - 20:20
Roasted CauliflowerRoasted Cauliflower paul Mon, 11/21/2016 - 14:35
- 3 quarts chicken or vegetable stock
- 8 sprigs sage
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 8 sprigs oregano
- 6 cloves garlic, skin on
- 1 head cauliflower, 1½ pounds
- 3-4 T butter, melted
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- Sumac salt
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon sumac - substitute lemor or lime zest
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes