Ingredients for 4-6 people
- 1 salmon filet
- cajun "blackened seasoning"
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- taco-sized tortillas, corn or flour
- 1 bag cole slaw mix (or 1/2 head thinly sliced cabbage)
- juice of 1 lime
- 6 finely chopped scallions
- 2 thinly sliced shallots
- pile of chopped cilantro
- couple pinches of salt
- Mix all slaw ingredients and let settle for a while.
- Remove skin from salmon (or halfway through baking, pull it off). Coat with cajun spice and pepper flakes. Bake at 400F until done, 15-20 minutes. Flake and remove rib and pin bones.
- Heat tortillas in frying pan.
- Load tortillas with fish, slaw and add a sauce to taste.
This goes really well with Mexican Street Corn. Thanks to Josh Barna for the idea and implementation on Sept 10, 2022.