Posole - BECAUSE I LOVE IT!!!!
- 3 lbs boneless pork, cubed
- 2 medium white onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups water
- 16oz Frozen Bueno Red Chile (or Green Chile)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mexican oregano (sometimes I use much more.. cause I love it!!)
- 1 Bag Frozen Posole Corn/Hominy (should be close to where the chile is in the frozen section) (you can use canned, make sure to drain the juice before incorporating)
- FOR EXTRA FLAVOR: you can add some pigs feet.. YUM YUM!!! best flavor profile EVER!!!! some don't care for them but .. they are wrong (hahaha
Throw it all into a crock pot overnight and wake up to heaven!!!!
NOTE: Hominy is fully cooked when it looks like it is about to crack in half, kinda pops like pop corn