- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Squash Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Place spaghetti squash with cut sides down on the prepared baking sheet, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance.
- Remove squash from oven and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are warmed through.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash and place in a medium bowl. Toss with the vegetables, feta cheese, olives, and basil. Serve warm.
Comment: We really liked this new way to enjoy spaghetti squash. I did do some things differently. I microwaved the squash, both halves on a paper plate, skin side for 5 min. and open side covered with paper towel for 6 min. and it was done perfectly. Using suggestions from others, I sautéd red pepper and onion together, added one can of Italian style tomatoes, undrained, and ripe olives. Tossed it all together and tried to save enough leftovers for next day lunch.