This is from StephenCooks.com, a very well done cooking blog. I'm lazy, so substitute Boboli crusts for the homemade ones Stephen talks about.
Fennel Pancetta Pizza
- dough for 1 pizza shell (see recipe HERE)
- 1/2 small fennel bulb
- 1 smallish onion
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 1/4" slices pancetta, diced
- 3 T pine nuts
- 2 0z Parmigiano Reggiano, shredded
- 2 0z Manchego, shredded
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 3 T minced flat leaf parsley
- 3 scallions, cut in threads
- 12 grape tomatoes 3 large cloves garlic
- 3 T fresh rosemary, chopped olive oil
- Halve the grape tomatoes, toss them in a little olive oil and dry them for about 25 minutes in a 325º oven. Set aside.
- Remove the outer layer of the fennel bulb and discard. Cut the bulb in half lengthwise and reserve one half for another purpose. Cut off the root end of the remaining fennel half and slice the bulb crosswise into 1/4" slices.
- Peel and slice the onion in thick slices.
- Chop the garlic.
- Sauté the pancetta until just crisp and drain on paper towels.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet over high heat, stirring, until they start to darken; then scoop them onto a paper towel lined plate.
- When the pizza dough has completed the second rise spread 3 tablespoons olive oil over the shell and then the fennel, apple and onion slices. Scatter on the rosemary and garlic and bake on a preheated pizza stone 8 - 10 minutes at 450º. Spread on the cheeses, then scatter on the pancetta and grape tomatoes. Bake 8 - 10 minutes more at 400º, until the crust is golden brown. Scatter on the parsley, pine nuts and scallions, cut in slices and serve immediately.