- 4 C corn, approximately 24 oz frozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 jalepeño, diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, minced. Save some for garnish
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 2/3 C cotija cheese shredded/crumbled
- 3 T sour cream
- 2 T mayonnaise
- 4 T fresh lime juice
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- 1/4 t chili powder
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan on medium high and add corn. Cook until slightly charred, approximately 7-10 minutes. Add to large bowl and set aside.
- Add pepper, jalapeno, cilantro and onion to a large bowl with corn and mix well.
- In a small bowl, add all dressing ingredients and mix well until smooth.
- Add dressing to large bowl with corn and mix well. Add 1/2 cotija cheese and mix well.
- Add remaining cheese and some cilantro.
- Serve or cover and store in fridge for up to 8 hours before serving.
You can use fresh or frozen corn. Either will work for this dish. The most important piece is to be sure you add a little char to the corn from a nice pan fry. That'll add the necesssary flavor to mimic the classic street corn.
Adjust the heat by adding more chili powder or tamper it down by using less jalapeño.