- 1 lb. boneless and skinless chicken breast, sliced horizontal into halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon non-pareil capers in jar, use the capers only
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Wash and rinse the chicken breasts with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Slice horizontally. Mix the flour, salt and pepper in a dish. Dredge the chicken generously with the flour.
Turn on the Saute mode on your Instant Pot. As soon as the pot is fully heated (to make sure the chicken doesn’t stick to the pot), add the olive oil and butter. Brown the chicken on both sides, about 2-3 minutes on each side until both sides turn brown. (You may brown the chicken on a regular skillet or non-stick skillet.
Add the garlic and cook a little bit. Add the chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, lemon juice and capers. Cover the pot and select Manual and set to High pressure for 10 minutes. When it beeps, turn to Quick Release. When the valve drops, remove the cover carefully. Turn to Saute mode for cook for 1 - 2 minutes to reduce the sauce. Add more salt and lemon juice to suit your taste. Top with the chopped parsley and serve immediately with some plain pasta such as spaghetti or linguine.