- 4 tablespoon finely diced red bell pepper
- 4 eggs*
- ½ cup black beans
- 4 tablespoon butter, divided
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 6” tortillas (flour or corn)
- For dipping: Guacamole, salsa, and sour cream
- Dice the bell pepper. Whisk the eggs* in small bowl with a fork, and add the salt and pepper. Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to a small nonstick skillet and heat on medium until melted. Add the eggs to the pan and cook for about 1 minute until starting to firm up. When the eggs just start to set, use a flat spatula to slowly scrape sections of eggs, creating folds. Sprinkle on the black beans, bell pepper, and kosher salt. Keep cooking, scraping occasionally until eggs are fully cooked, about 2 minutes. Remove to bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add a tortilla, half the shredded cheese, the scrambled eggs, remaining cheese, and the other tortilla. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until browned and crispy. Cut into wedges and serve with guacamole and salsa for dipping.
*Step it up with chorizo-style eggs and add the following spices to the eggs while whisking: ¾ teaspoon chili powder, ¾ teaspoon garlic powder and ¾ teaspoon cumin.