- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- One 14.5-ounce can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked peeled and diced potatoes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill (+ more for garnish)
- One 14.75-ounce can cream-style corn
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups fully cooked salmon chunks
- In a large saucepan, sauté the celery, onion, green pepper and garlic in butter until the vegetables are tender. Add the broth, potatoes, carrots, salt, pepper, and dill; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until the vegetables are nearly tender.
- Stir in the corn, cream and salmon. Simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through.