VegetablesVegetables paul Sun, 11/14/2021 - 16:14
Braisied Baby Potatoes (Algamja-jorim)Braisied Baby Potatoes (Algamja-jorim)
Korean baby potatoes from Joshpaul Sun, 11/14/2021 - 16:12
- 1 pound of baby potatoes (the size of quail eggs)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or any cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice syrup (or honey, or sugar)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Trim any rotten spots or broken edges from the potatoes. Wash and rinse in cold water to remove any dirt. Strain.
- Add the cooking oil to a 10 to 12 inch thick skillet, over medium heat. Add the potatoes.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes until fully cooked. Shake and move the skillet every 5 minute so that the potatoes cook evenly and don’t burn.
- Turn down the heat to low and add the soy sauce, rice syrup, and garlic. Stir it all together with a wooden spoon.
- Turn up the heat to medium. Keep stirring and cooking for another 4 to 5 minutes until the sauce is reduced and the potatoes look shiny and wrinkly.
- Remove from the heat and mix with the sesame oil. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over top.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with rice. Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 4 days.
Pad see ewPad see ew
Stir fry with rice noodlespaul Wed, 05/18/2022 - 15:15
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Onion
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1T Ginger
- 2 Garlic cloves
- handful of Bok Choy, spinach or other greens
- Wide rice noodles (pad see ew)
- Neutral oil
- Sesame oil
- Fish sauce
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Some water
- Basil, green onion, cilantro, etc to top
- Thin slice onion and pepper. Start frying. Slice up then finely chop the ginger and garlic, add to onion and pepper. Stir!
- Crack a couple eggs into a cleared spot in the pan. Break yolks and scramble then incorporate with veggies.
- Chop and add bok choy or whatever cooking green you choose.
- If using dried rice noodles, soak for an hour to soften. If fresh, you're ready to go. Add to pan and heat.
- Add sesame oil, fish sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar to taste. Add some water to keep the noodles hydrated.
- Serve, top with chopped basil, green onion, cilantro, etc and you're ready to eat!