Instant Pot ChiliInstant Pot Chili paul Sat, 10/19/2019 - 16:53
- 2 lb ground beef (I use 97/3)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup beef of vegetable broth
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped into small cubes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cans (15.5 oz each) red kidney beans, 15.5 oz each red kidney beans, undrained
- 4 cans (8 oz each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) petit diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (optional)
- 6-8 tablespoons chili powder see notes
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Sliced jalapeño
- Chopped cilantro
Turn the pressure cooker on and select “Sauté” mode, adjust to more. Add ground beef to the pot and cook until browned and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Remove excess of grease with a spoon, if necessary. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add onions, peppers, and garlic, sauté for about 3 more minutes.
Deglaze the pot by adding 1/4 cup of the broth and scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen the browned bits. NOTE: make sure to deglaze well the pot to avoid getting the burn message. Stir in canned beans (undrained), tomatoes (with juices), sugar and chili powder. Mix well. Press “Cancel”.
Secure lid and close pressure-release valve.
Select “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” and adjust time to 15 minutes. When the time is over, let the pressure release on its own for 5 minutes. Then, carefully turn the valve to “Venting,” to release any extra pressure that might still be in there. Then remove the lid. Press “Cancel”.
Stir well, taste and add more salt and pepper, if necessary, to your taste. Serve with desired toppings.